Famous also for its recent history, the island of Porquerolles was bought in 1911 by François Joseph Fournier (a Belgian born in a barge who made his fortune by discovering a gold and silver mine in Mexico) who gave it as a wedding present to his young wife Sylvia.
The Hôtel Sainte Anne was built at the request of Abbé Bozon in the 1910s.
When Madame and Monsieur Fournier visited the island, she was charmed by the ladies who worked on the building and even gave one of them a Louis d'Or, which only increased the couple's reputation.
When they acquired the island in 1911, they logically bought this building and transformed it into a hotel. Today it is part of the group composed of the Mas du Langoustier, the Villa Sainte Anne and the restaurant La Plage d'Argent.
Since its creation, the hotel has seen its capacity increase twice, with a wing housing the Superior Rooms and Family Suites and a second wing in the extension of the first wing, with the 3 apartments.
Today the Villa Sainte Anne is a 3 star hotel/restaurant, with 25 rooms and 2 apartments, with two indoor rooms and a large outdoor terrace overlooking the square.
The cuisine this year is refined and seasonal.
An extensive menu, regularly renewed, updating certain classics with a modern touch.